Dann S. Washko Ripped off and augmented from food network
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup soup stock (chicken, shrimp)
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef (flank steak)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz yam noodles (shirataki, bean thread, cellophane noodles)
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 cup shitaki mushrooms sliced
- 1 block of tofu cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 leaves of Napa cabbage
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
I prefer to use an electric fry pan for this, the large cooking surface is perfect. Set the fry pan to 350 degrees.
Mix soysauce, 2 tbsps sugar and mirin in a bowl.
Prepare noodles as per package.
Add oil to th skillet and heat. Brown meat in oil and slowly add 1/4 of sugar to the meat while cooking to coat. Move the meat to the edges and add other vegetables, keeping them separate. Add sauce and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and turn all ingredients and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Serve over noodles.