Dann's Chicken And Noodle Dashi Dann S. Washko
This requires Dann's Dashi to be made prior. I love this dish and so do the kids and wife. Simple and nutritious.
- 5 cups Dann's Dashi (or any dashi)
- 3 tbs light soy sauce
- 3 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs sugar (optional)
- 1 tbs mirin (optional) (Japanese soy sauce, sweet, available at most grocery stores and asian markets)
- 4-8 Chicken Thighs (or boneless breasts or any chicken parts you want, I prefer thighs)
- 3-6 green onions cut into 1 inch sticks
- 1 pkg Shitaki muschrooms, stems removed, score an x on the caps
- 1-8 leaves of Bok Choy chopped
- 1 lemon gras stalk cut and bruised (optional give a lemony taste)
- 1-2 shredded ord julienned carrots (optional)
- 1 pkg noodles (chinese egg, bean threatds, udon)
Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Remove skin if desired.
In a large pot combine the dashi, soy sauces, sugar(optional) and/or mirin (optional) and bring to a boil. Add chicken and boil for 12 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking make the noodles as per the package. Drain when finished.
Add the hard vegetables (carrots, green onions, lemon grass) and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the bok choy cook for another minute. Add the shitaki, cook for another minute. Simmer for a few minutes, add in the noodles and take off heat.
Serve immediately or let sit for a bit. Can store cold for about 3 days.